Exploring Lino Negative and Positive
Tutor: Raf Burton
Day: Thursday 23 January 1:30 - 4:30pm
This course provides a direct approach to highly accessible printmaking medium and enables the student to explore the exciting techniques of Lino cut printing.
Suitable for beginners this course allows the participant to work at their own pace with close supervision.
The workshop will cover varying approaches to Lino block Printing including
- The creation of an image using a drawing
- Negative and Positive - the basic of a relief design.
- Cutting techniques.
- Looking beyond the square; easy ways to cut the lino into shapes or size.
- Inking the block
- Safe working within the area
- Cleaning and caring for your workspace.
This non toxic course uses no harmful chemicals such as acids or solvents.
This creative workshop provides students with the techniques necessary to create a print with minimal materials using an intaglio press.
It is IMPERATIVE that students wear enclosed shoes and an apron while working in the workshop.